Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Church is True!!!!!


This is just going in as a journal entry since I don't feel like writing it out. I'm too impatient to write sometimes because it takes forever. (One of the many reasons why its hard for me to constantly write in my journal.) And plus its a lot faster typing then it is to write so this is good. I have wanted to try keeping a voice recording journal but never got around to getting one. Oh well. So to start off I'm gonna talk about the temple here in Laie.



For those who do not yet know, the Laie Hawaiian LDS temple is being rededicated this upcoming Sunday and yesterday was the last day for Open House. It has been open for about 20 days and I have had the most wonderful opportunity to be able to go through it 3 times. I regret not going more but I'm so glad I got to go anyways. Though small on the inside it has such a large purpose and I had felt small going through. Small compared to the eternal side of things. I know I don't have a full understanding of the temple, and I'm too small and human to comprehend everything about it, but I do know it is the Lord's temple and it is such a beautiful place where we can go to feel closer to Him and I am grateful to be able to be here at this time where I can participate in such a special observance/commemoration.

Today has been one of the happiest day of the year for me. My ward had ward conference today. :) The past two days I have been brewing about something Trever has told me. He mentioned in a text that he was thinking that he was ready to go the whole nine yards and date me. I didn't know what to think about that, I told him I needed time to think. I have been trying not to think about dating seriously with him since our last talk of just being friends but here he brings it up, sigh. It was the only thing on my mind the whole day yesterday at work. And I decided as soon as I woke up that I would fast about it. So I read scriptures and prayed. Sincerely prayed hard, asking if it was the right thing and also for help that I would survive throughout the rest of the semester with school and work. I felt the spirit so strongly today throughout the block. I sang with the ward choir in sacrament meeting and I was wondering if Trevor would remember to come, but of course without fail, he was there :) The speakers had such sweet testimonies, especially the first speaker. She was a student asked to speak and she bore her testimony of Jesus Christ. She was really down to earth it and it was the sole part of her talk. I was really touched at how beautiful it was. I do have a good ward and the bishopric really works hard to do so much for us ward members. The meetings were wonderful and we spoke of being susceptible to the promptings/feelings/and voice of the Holy Ghost in Relief Society. Sunday school was about fellowship and being an examples to nonmembers (there's missionary work all around us). Another part of the lesson was that we must think of others before ourselves or any kind of possessions that we have because each person is an important son/daughter of God. It was a good day...And I got my answer :) I also got my temple recommend!!! (Although it is a limited use one I still get to use it :D) along with a ticket to the temple rededication broadcast!!!! It started to pour before I even had my bishopric interview and continued there after. So much that the schools driveways were flooding and you couldn't even see the speedbumps!!! Craziness. so I texted Trevor saying that I really need to invest in an umbrella LOL. He offered a ride and came to pick me up. It was the cutest thing ever because he pulled up on the speed bump crosswalk and as I started to walk out he jumped out of the truck, grabbed an umbrella, and quickly trudged through the giant puddle to reach me with it and walked me to the truck door. :) :) :) After arriving at my place he got out once again with the umbrella and walked me up to my door where we stopped to talk. REALLY talk. And what a good talk it was!!! :) Lets just say...it is now OFFICIAL!!! NO MORE PLAYING GAMES!!And yes I know I'm taking a risk with the whole preemie thing once again but I just feel that its so worth it. So so so so HAPPY!!! :D And that is my crazy but wonderful and most awesome day that I needed to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment