Sunday, October 2, 2011

Photography, Family History, missions, and General Conference

This past week has been a pretty good one. Its been pretty low key and not much has happened but still good cause I wasn't super bored. On monday I went shopping with Hoku before she went home from us being in SLC and all, it was a good weekend getting to spend time with some of my nieces and nephews and also sisters. Although we were just babysitting I enjoyed every minute of it cause I miss all these peeps! I also got to practice photography with my new camera to take pics of Rach and Hoku's friends. I spent a lot of time editing pictures this week of the fam and of the pics from the weekend. I hope its getting better, my picture taking and editing skills and all, i really want to take a beginners photography class or something. Anyways Shopping was fun, I haven't been in a while cause I don't have a job and shouldn't spend money on stuff I don't need so i don't usually go shopping cause sometimes it depresses me that I cant buy anything so its not very fun. But I bought a shirt from DownEast that I really loved cause i felt like its been too long since I bought something nice for myself.

I also did a little indexing this week. For those of you who don't know I have a new calling! I am the Temple and Family History Council Chairman. Chairman! Crazy I know. But I'm so grateful for the chance to have a calling like this because it gives me a good amount of stuff to do! One thing that has really bugged me the past couple months is not having anything to do! Its been driving me insane! Especially since I have no job yet! Not only does my calling give me stuff to do but it also gives me the opportunity to serve others :) But basically my job along with my co chair and council members is to set up temple sessions for our YSA ward each month and also to have everyone registered for indexing so we could work on that and get into Family History stuff! Indexing is a little hard for me cause sometimes I can't read what the people have written, people need to learn how to write legibly! But what indexing is, is basically typing out information written about people from old microfilm documents and records that gives more names to Family Search. Easy to do if you can easily read the handwriting haha and it can be done anytime if ya got time to spare! just download it from indexing.familysearch.org and if you are registered under any church websites then use that login for logging onto indexing. Its pretty cool!

On thursday my parents and I went to our wards family history night at the family history center and I learned something new!!! I am Irish!!! haha now I can wear one of those shirts that says kiss me i'm irish! jk ha i dont think i'd actually wear one. Now I know that I have 7 nationalities!! Welsh, Irish, Swiss, English, Hawaiian, Chinese, and Portugese! Oh and also we have a family website for the family of my great, great, great grandpa william francom! www.francomfamily.com if ya wanna check it out! Pretty cool stuffs!!!

In the meantime I've been hanging out with really good friends who through their example inspire me to work my hardest in being the best I can be, especially when it comes to doing more to strengthen my personal testimony! Shout out to Carlos Morgan, Ashley Tippets, Sister Freer, and Bishop Caplin and plenty more! On a new note, I am meeting with the bishop this tuesday to start working on my mission papers!!! Scary, but awesome! Thanks all for your support and much love to my friends and family!

General Conference this weekend has also been such a blessing! There were so many great talks with such amazing messages! If you haven't listened I encourage you to do so because I know that the Lord speaks through all his apostles and each message is meant for us! To lift us up and to teach us how we can overcome anything! I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God! Take time to study their words because I know that the scriptures can be a great friend unto us just as Richard G. Scott says they are! I would like to invite you to use your time wisely in doing things that will benefit you in this life and also the next! Don't waste it! :) Fill your life with the good! Make our Heavenly Father proud!

Love you All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment